Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Attitudes


“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.” -Charles Swindoll

I came across this quote a couple of weeks ago and it captivated my eye. It made feel some sort of way. Maybe its just me but I wanted to share this quote because I realized that sometimes we look at things a certain way without realizing that we are being judgmental or that a certain attitude that we have towards anything can change the outcome. So maybe this quote can have an impact on someone else how it had one for me, I know that possessing a bitter attitude towards any situation isn't good and if the attitude we hold changes we might be able to achieve more or in certain situations make things better. Sometimes we are the problem, (our attitudes)..
I think it has a connection with leaving the past behind and focusing in the now, yes our past could have hurt us but why live or dwell with that pain? Shake it off and proceed!! Living by the moment has helped me see that I have wasted precious time dwelling in the past when its out of my power to change the past.. so I am doing things different so my present and my future won't be like my past, that's the only thing i can do.. And of course keeping a positive attitude that there is always better things to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment